Edit Transaction Type
To edit a Transaction Type for a Host Application Module follow the steps below:
1. Click on Records Management in the PaperSave Settings.
2. Click on Transaction Type and select the appropriate Host Application and Module.
3. Select the Transaction Type to be modified from the Transaction Type section.
4. Click Edit on the toolbar. A section will appear at the bottom of the window.
5. Make the desired changes within the Basic Information, Source Command and User Security Configuration tabs.
You should never manually change the Parent ID of any source command once it is set. PaperSave recommends changing the source command using the Query Builder only, which doesn't allow you to change the Parent ID. However, you have the ability to change the query manually as well, which allows you to change that Parent ID. You should be careful while doing that to make sure that the Parent ID remains the same and doesn't get changed. You will not be able to retrieve the documents if the Parent ID is changed.
6. Click Update to save the changes.
7. Click Cancel at any point while making changes to a Module to cancel all the changes made.
The Cancel option will only work when the changes are not saved or updated. You cannot edit the names of the transaction types of the host applications that are integrated during the installation of the PaperSave application.
Transaction Type Source Command Section
If you have made any changes to the original source command of a transaction type, while performing a rollup the modified source command will not be replaced with the original source command.
Follow the steps below to edit a Source Command
1. Click the Transaction Type option under the Records Management tab and the Transaction Type section will appear as shown below:
2. Select the Module under the Host Application and it will open the Transaction Type grid as shown below:
3. Select the Transaction Type from the Transaction Type grid and the Basic Information section will display at the bottom of the window.
4. Click the Source Command tab.
5. Click Edit button to enable the Source Command tab for editing as shown below:
6. Make the necessary changes in the Source Command window and click Update button.
7. Once the source command is updated successfully, an "Update Successful" message will appear:
If you have modified the source command and you perform a rollup of a new version of PaperSave, then the modified source command will not replace the original source command during the rollup.
There are several PaperSave Place Holders/Keywords which can be used in the query of the source command for fetching specified values. The PaperSave Place Holders/Keywords are listed below:
|·||'PaperSave.Company_ID': This keyword is used to replace the "id" column value from the table "Company" in the PaperSave database of the current company for which the source command is executed.|
|·||'PaperSave.Company_Name':This keyword is used to replace the "CompanyName" column value from the table "Company" in the PaperSave database of the current company for which the source command is executed.|
|·||'PaperSave.Current_User': Using this keyword in the query will replace this keyword with the current user name (i.e. Domain Name/User).|
|·||'PaperSave.Current_User_Groups': Using this keyword in the query will replace this keyword with all the groups to which the current user name belongs (i.e. groups will be separated by a comma).|
|·||'PaperSave.Execution_Origin': Using this keyword in the query will replace this keyword with the name of the application for which the source command is being executed.|
To use the above keywords, you need to type those keywords in single quotes (' ') in the Source Command Query.